Aplication drug Dostinex
- prevention of physiological lactation after childbirth;
- suppression of established puerperal lactation;
- treatment of disorders associated with hyperprolactinemia, including amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, anovulation, galactorrhea;
- prolactinsecreting pituitary adenomas (micro - and macroprolactinoma); idiopathic hyperprolactinemia; syndrome of an empty Turkish saddle in combination with hyperprolactinemia.
Method of application and doses
Inside, during a meal.
Prevent lactation: 1 mg once (2 table. 0.5 mg) on the first day after birth.
Suppression of established lactation: 0.25 mg (1/2 table.) 2 times a day every 12 hours for two days (total dose 1 mg). To reduce the risk of orthostatic hypotension breast-feeding mothers, a single dose of the drug, Drug should not exceed 0.25 mg.
Treatment of disorders related to hyperprolactinaemia: the recommended initial dose is 0.5 mg per week at one time (1 tabl. 0.5 mg) or two doses (1/2 tab. 0.5 mg, for example Monday and Thursday).
- hypersensitivity to cabergoline or other components of the drug, as well as to any ergot alkaloids;
- the dysfunction of the heart and respiration as a result of fibrosis
- with long-term therapy
- lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- use in children and adolescents under 16 years
Application of pregnancy and breastfeeding
The use of Dostinex by pregnant women is not conducted, the appointment of the drug during pregnancy is possible only in cases of extreme necessity, taking into account the ratio benefit/risk for the woman and fetus.
If the pregnancy occurred on the background of treatment with drug, you should consider whether the drug, taking into account the ratio benefit/risk.
- orthostatic hypotension, heart rate;
- headache, dizziness/vertigo, fatigue, depression, drowsiness, asthenia, syncope, parenthesis, nervousness, insomnia, anxiety, poor concentration.
- nausea, epigastria pain, vomiting, abdominal pain, gastritis, constipation, dyspepsia diarrhea, , dry mucous membranes of the mouth, flatulence, irritation of the mucous membrane of the pharynx, toothache.
Other: mastodynia, dysmenorrhea, epistaxis, rhinitis, flushing to the skin, transient hemianopsia, vasospasm of the fingers and spasms of the lower extremities